Buyers, your time is valuable. Let me do the legwork.
The home buying process is stressful enough without worrying about who you can and cannot trust. Your buyer's agent is your trusted advocate - working to negotiate the best terms and price for you. I am passionate about my buyers and have a responsibility to help them make a decision. Most importantly, I listen to your needs and respond as a friend, showing as much interest in your satisfaction as in making the transaction.
Not every home seller runs an ad in the local paper or puts a sign up in the yard. In fact, many homes actually sell before there is ever a need to advertise them. As your buyer's agent I offer you market expertise augmented by access to complete, regularly updated information about every home listed by area agents through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Find homes online
7 ways I can help you with your home search/purchase:
If you're considering a move, you need someone who knows this area inside and out! I can work with you to find the right home at the right price for you, including all the neighborhood amenities that matter - not to mention the essential criteria you have for your ideal home.
- I know the community and can point out the schools, parks, playgrounds, shops, and more.
- I can show you more of the homes available throughout the area.
- I subscribe to at least one Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This means you'll have access to information on approximating 90% of all homes for sale in the community.
- I have the products, services, and know-how to find the home right for you and market your present home for a faster, more profitable sale.
- I can offer you protection against unexpected repair bills in your new home.
- I can offer you warranty protection on your new home.
- I listen to your needs and respond as a friend, showing as much interest in your satisfaction as in making the transaction.
Talk to me about finding your perfect home.
Looking for your ideal home on your own, without a Realtor, means someone else might find it first. As your buyer's agent I can zero in on the homes that best meet your requirements, arrange your showings, and negotiate the best terms and price for you.Contact Tim
Get the facts and info you need for any location you choose. Explore local market conditions, sales trends and more through our detailed yet easy to understand videos.
Recent news for home buyers
8 ways to make your home search more productive
- Research before you look. Decide what features you most want to have in a home, what neighborhoods you prefer, and how much you’d be willing to spend each month for housing.
- Be realistic. It’s OK to be picky, but don’t be unrealistic with your expectations. There’s no such thing as a perfect home. Use your list of priorities as a guide to evaluate each property.
- Get your finances in order. Review your credit report and be sure you have enough money to cover your down payment and closing costs. Then, talk to a lender and get prequalified for a mortgage. This will save you the heartache later of falling in love with a house you can’t afford.
- Don’t ask too many people for opinions. It will drive you crazy. Select one or two people to turn to if you feel you need a second opinion, but be ready to make the final decision on your own.
- Decide your moving timeline. When is your lease up? Are you allowed to sublet? How tight is the rental market in your area? All of these factors will help you determine when you should move.
- Think long term. Are you looking for a starter house with plans to move up in a few years, or do you hope to stay in this home for a longer period? This decision may dictate what type of home you’ll buy as well as the type of mortgage terms that will best suit you.
- Insist on a home inspection. If possible, get a warranty from the seller to cover defects for one year.
- Get help from a REALTOR®. Hire a real estate professional who specializes in buyer representation. Unlike a listing agent, whose first duty is to the seller, a buyer’s representative is working only for you.
Coldwell Banker Chicagoland 2016 Rookie of the Year with 6 million in sales. North Shore/Barrington Association of Realtors "Rookie of the Year" 2016-17, for all of the North Shore Chicago area, over $10 million in sales
Read the Reviews for Tim Shaker